Delfin – Electronic Signature Pads
This exciting new technology is now integrated with Delfin.
- Save on paper
- Save on storage space
- Save on printer costs
- Includes an offsite backup of the documents. With Delfin’s CRBS, an owner or head office can view the signed documents remotely which means travel expenses to view loan agreements and/or signed documents will be reduced, thereby saving time and money.
How it works:
Document scanning has also been incorporated with this product, which allows for scanning and storing of documents in Delfin and linking them to a client number or loan number e.g. Copy of ID book to a client number or a bank statement to a loan number.
The customer’s signature is not saved in the system and cannot be reproduced or attached to any other document. The customer needs to be in the office to sign the documents electronically. Once the customer signs electronically the signature is merged into a PDF document which cannot be tampered with.
This product will create a totally paperless environment, with many added benefits. A signature pad is a tool that will allow customers to use an advanced electronic signature to sign documents, instead of the cumbersome and costly process of printing them. The customers will sign on an LCD screen and as it is a display screen they will be able to view the signature as they are signing. The signed document is stored in the database and can be stored offsite, which means the document can be accessed from a remote location.
What the law says:
The Credit Act makes provision for electronic signatures in Chapter 1, Part A, Interpretation (Pg 15 of the Act):
- If a provision of the NCA requires that a document must be signed or initialed by a party to a credit agreement, that signing or initialing may be effected by use of an advanced electronic signature or an electronic signature. However, if a (normal) electronic signature is used, it must comply with the following requirements.
- the signature must be applied by each party in the physical presence of the other party or an agent of the party; and
- the credit provider must take reasonable measures to prevent the use of the consumer’s electronic signature for any purpose other than the signing or initialing of the particular document that the consumer intended to sign or initial.
Provision is also made for electronic signatures in the Provisions of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002.
The Signature Pads are a once off cost when the unit is purchased. They are durable, LCD screens with display back messaging. It is advisable to have one signature pad for each computer issuing loans, however it’s not a necessity and the signature pad can be disabled at any time.
Signature Pad Unit : Request quotation
Monthly Rental (Including Doc Scanning) : R 160 Excl. Vat*
Document Offsite Backup Monthly Rental : R 110 Excl. Vat*
* Monthly rentals are charged per office and not per unit.